Monday, October 13, 2008

Of Sea Shells, and lay ups

// Listening to "Yeh Tumhari Meri Baatein - Rock on

% Plus have had an overdose of matlab and c++. Thats y the comment lines :)

/* This is not a serious post.. i realised i cud never write a post when i plan to write one.. there is an unfinished post n i dont feel like getting back to it.. */

Two places i love - the beach and the basketball court.

Wind in ur face, sound of the waves, sand in ur feet, and the salt on ur lips when u lick them after a while at the beach, footprints, crabs :), moonlight. I used to call the Surathkal sea princess, and we used to play a game. I ask yes or no questions, and if the answer is yes, princess kisses my feet..

Basketball court, laughter, hardwork, sweat, hoops, lay ups, defense, offense, hardeep & anusha, Tara, Mona & Suz, Shish,Esh,Tina & Mittu... The court is like a place of worship for me. I have no masks on while I play my game.

The one thing that is common between the two is that here I can be myself and let go of all my inhibitions, I am accepted for whom I am, I am celebrated for whatever I am worth.

I am all of 22. I have a huge friends circle. I am the confident, "extrovert", Ideal HR person. But is it the real me? Why am I afraid to be myself with ppl? Why am I worried about people judging me? Why do I care what others think? Why do I feel like I have to conform?

Cuz even if i dont I still have my beach and the basketball court.

7 comments:

Tony Sebastian said...

now you have a 3rd place, your blog :) n a 4th place, my arms :)

The one who has loved and lost said...

"I am all of 22. I have a huge friends circle. I am the confident, "extrovert", Ideal HR person. But is it the real me? Why am I afraid to be myself with ppl? Why am I worried about people judging me? Why do I care what others think? Why do I feel like I have to conform? "

Very philosophical questions :-)
What I have figured out is this..
We live in a society..and can never be individualistic. We might want to do things our own way..we might even do it our way.. but at the end of it, we want to conform to some rules/standards.
We want to be part of a group, which gives us an identity. And whatever group we want to belong to, we want to be accepted/liked by them.
Cos above all, humans want an identity. A man by himself does not have an identity and can be devastated by such immense isolation.
And it is for this same reason that we see such violence in this world. The fight to protect one's own identity/group (hindu vs muslim, northie vs southie etc.. the list of groups is infinite)

Now there might be million exceptions, corrolaries etc to whatever I said above.
But this is just my opinion :-)

Nikhil Narayanan said...

Make the world your court.
Balls to everybody else. Do what you want to.

-Nikhil

Anupama Garimella said...

heyy very nice one :) reminded me of so many things :)

shana said...

u missed deepti :)

shana said...

u missed out deepti:)

Srav said...

Damn! yes!! how could I!! Deepthi darling I m sorry!!